To perform all duties related to shipping and receiving of all Animix products.
Ability to speak, read, and write English
Computer Literate – Able to learn and use barcode scanner
Able to lift 50-55 pounds
Ability to learn and drive a forklift
Basic math skills
Ability to climb stairs, work at heights, and/or confined spaces
Comfortable with dusty environment
No known allergies to milk ingredients
Shipping and receiving experience
- To perform all duties with regard to the shipment of product and placement of all products on a first in and first out basis.
- Follow all Shipping instructions and SOP’s.
- Make sure product is stored neatly in rows/racks in appropriate bin location right after manufacture. Shrink wrap and card board where necessary.
- Maintain organization of warehouse of finished products. Consolidating like products and keep space for incoming products.
- Prepare trailers for shipping. Make sure wheel chocks are in place.
- Make sure products have been released for shipment before loading.
- Make sure trailer is loaded as specified on packing slip – double checking BOL.
- Insure how weight is distributed in trailer for correct axle weight.
- Write all lot numbers on picking tickets for outgoing products.
- Enter information into Scanners accurately (checking count and label number)
- Double check bill of lading versus pick tickets for accuracy.
- Keep one copy of shipping bill of lading for office.
- HACCP protocol followed.
- To perform all duties with regard to the receiving and placement of all products on a first in and first out basis.
- Follow all Receiving instructions and SOP’s.
- Prepare trailers for unloading. Make sure wheel chocks are in place.
- Make sure trailer is checked for RUPP before unloading.
- To verify amounts (double check) and weigh pallets per SOP’s.
- Record all information into scanners and bar code all products on two sides.
- Record all lot numbers and quantities on bill of ladings/receivers as a double check.
- Make one copy of bill of lading for lab and other copies to accounting on same day of receipt.
- Make sure product is stored neatly in rows/racks in appropriate area right after delivery and/or after QC sampling.
- Verify quantities and sign for receipt of all returned finished products including lot numbers; as well as inspect for package damage. Take pictures as needed.
- To ensure the proper rotation of raw ingredients based on age (first in/first out).
- Record on the HACCP log daily.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of warehouses.
- Consolidate like products and keep space for incoming shipments.
- HACCP protocol followed and RUPP free sticker placement on all receivers.
- Assist in the transfer of items and products between facilities.
- Ability to verify production formulas in absence of other qualified signers.
- To lead by example in delivering excellence in your area of responsibility.
- Participate in the training of new employees backing up your responsibilities.
- Assist in providing a clean and safe work environment.
- To follow all SOP’s, GMP’s and HACCP guidelines and regulations.
- Communicate low inventories to Plant Supervisors and/or Plant Managers.
- Schedule and/or load shipment of waste material.
The Plant Employee – Shipping/Receiving will report directly to the Warehouse Lead or his designate.